[3830] CQWW SSB WP3TT SOAB Classic LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, PAULSWHITMAN@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB WP3TT SOAB Classic LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 01:39:25 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: WP3TT
Operator(s): WP3TT
Station: WP3TT

Class: SOAB LP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: PR
Operating Time (hrs): 6
Remote Operation

  160:
   80:    3     2        2
   40:  128     7        6
   20:  197     6        6
   15:  240    13       30
   10:   44    10       11
------------------------------

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

I casually got on to provide some KP4 multis and QSOs. I rarely operate SSB
contests, especially LP. It is impossible to run stations and maintain a
frequency LP. No one respects 'social distancing' on the frequencies and
everyone is on top of each other. Yes, the bands can filter them out but not
everyone has that luxury to put narrow filters on. I tried calling numerous
stations on 40 that were on top of each other, but couldn't hear me....they
could definitely hear each other as I had no issues working others. These are
the reasons I continue to avoid SSB contests and lose the fun.

I enjoyed the 10M opening on Saturday. We were not far enough north or south to
have more fun on 10M, worked a few EUs on 10M and many W1/2/3, but farther south
and east had more fun into EU and seemed NE W1/2/3 had more luck into EU as
well.

Wishing they expanded the bands with increased activity in the hobby especially
during contests. CW has the luxury of signals not taking up much space. They can
also look at expanding SSB, especially on 40M. 7050-7125? 14100-14150?
21150-21200?

See you in CQWW CW with a much more serious effort!