[3830] CQWW SSB IB9A(IT9RBW) SO(A)SB40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, lupogiuseppe@mail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB IB9A(IT9RBW) SO(A)SB40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 11:09:07 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: IB9A
Operator(s): IT9RBW
Station: IB9A

Class: SO(A)SB40 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40: 3226    34      118
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 3236    34      118  Total Score = 801,800

Club:

Comments:

Cqww ssb SO HP A 40 mt

This is going to be a long declared, for anyone who’ll have the pleasure to
read it.
It’s been a stratospheric weekend, it was tormented and really hard, but in
the end I was overall really happy.
I never thought I could’ve reached these numbers in 40 from Sicily, I’d
studied it carefully and my target was around 2500/2700 qso. Night 1. was
spectacular, with a lot of USA signals, I was flying, I was really over the
numbers against all expectations and about 300 qso over the old EU record.
A second very hard night was waiting for me, a few health problems made me
change my previously planned breaks. Unfortunately, during the second night the
propagation’s conditions weren’t as I’d hoped, so I lost my advantage. But
I endured, pushing my concentration to the maximum; my target wasn’t the EU
record, but I wanted to get as close to it as possible. I had only 8 hours left
before the end, and at that point I gave all of me.
The only station I haven’t listened to is kl7ra, I spotted a few times but
I’ve never received. Compliments to US1Q, it would’ve been nice to see the
evolution of the in line match.
I broke the record of the region already on Saturday night, I’m extremely
satisfied of the result.
Thank you for the psychological support from IT9RGY and IZ2WFL.