[3830] CQWW SSB WX3B SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wx3b@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB WX3B SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 19:09:45 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: WX3B
Operator(s): WX3B
Station: WX3B

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Maryland
Operating Time (hrs): 7:26

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    1     1        1
   40:   11     5       10
   20:  505    13       48
   15:  188    14       43
   10:   57    11       24
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

On Saturday I joined team WW2DX remotely utilizing my PC to run 20 meters from
4:30am until about 5:00pm.  It was an amazing experience and much to my
surprise, it *felt* just like being in front of a real radio.  This was my first
serious remote effort and I was impressed. Many thanks to Ray W2RE, Lee WW2DX
and Rock WW1X for the invitation to operate, and their enthusiastic support
before, during and after the event.  We had a great team of old men and
"young" old men that made it particularly enjoyable.

On Sunday I arrived at the Chateau WX3B about 10:30am and immediately started
DXing on 10 meters.  That was a lot of fun, even if it did cost me some prime
time runs on 15 & 20.  I was surprised how many Europeans were workable,
even two relatively loud Russians showed up, one I couldn't work (he got 3 Bravo
but that was it), and the other was an easy QSO.  New England stations were
RUNNING Europeans on 10 over the weekend!!

After about 2 hours of that fun I took a short break and found a juicy frequency
on the bottom of 15 meters.  Being fresh meat on Day 2 of a contest is like
going on a DX-pedition.  I ran almost 200 QSOs on 15m and my rate dried up.  The
band was still wide open but I could tell everyone must have  QSYed to 20, which
was my next gig.

I fired up on 20 and found another great spot near the bottom of the band and
had an absolute ball for about 500 QSOs.

This may not be a way to generate a big score, but it was 7+ hours of pure
excitement, DXing and GREAT RUNS!!

My multiplier totals show my focus was on QSOs...there very few pounces (except
on 10 meters...which was all pouncing).

I saw 10 break wide open to South America by looking at K3AJ's spots in the late
afternoon, however the pileup on 20 meters was too good to give up.

I say bring on the rest of the contest season, I'm ready!

73,

Jim  WX3B