[3830] CQWW SSB ZP5AA(@ZP5DBC) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, lu9esd@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB ZP5AA(@ZP5DBC) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 21:04:09 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: ZP5AA
Operator(s): ZP5DBC ZP5WBM LU8EOT LU9ESD
Station: ZP5DBC

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Paraguay
Operating Time (hrs): 32
Remote Operation

  160:
   80:
   40:  160    21       32
   20:  928    24       71
   15: 2782    30      110
   10:  158    14       36
------------------------------

Club: Araucaria DX Group

Comments:

Another remote experience. Two ops on-site (ZPs), two remotes (LUs).

Thanks to Dany ZP5DBC for the last-minute offer to play with his station which
is still in development, but with a promising future.

Bad weather and a major thunderstorm made us lose the first 12 hours of the
contest and left the low bands useless for us, we could only make some 40M QSO
the second night which were a challenge with above S8 noise level.

The final numbers after just 32 hours of operation was possible only because the
15 meter band had excellent openings with very strong signals.
20 meters continues to behave very strangely on this side of the world, just
 like last year.  Seeing so much activity, hearing very strong signals but not
being heard, was very frustrating.
We frequently went to 20M thinking we would have a good rate, but it was a waste
of time.
10 meters was not as good for us as it was for other locations in South America
and other parts of the world.  It's great to see the high bands active again!

Although this time we were are only participating for fun, and the remote
operation does the job, it was not possible to be as fast as we want and we
like! Due to the delay it was impossible to exceed 6 Qs/min or two 280 Q/h at
the best 15M openings.

It's our greatest wish that this pandemic ends soon, the whole world begins to
recover, and those of us who love contests can travel again to participate on
site as we like to do.

Many thanks to everyone who called us.

Manu LU9ESD on behalf of ZP5AA Team.

Setup on-site:

Run:  Flex 6400 + SSDR.
      Expert 1.3

Mult: Flex 6400 + SSDR
      Acom 2000A

4O3A HP Bandpass Filters
4O3A Antenna Genius

Antennas:
80: Dipole
40: 2 ele Yagi @30 mts
20: 6/6 ele. Yagi @16/27 mts
15: 5/5 ele. Yagi @16/25 mts
10: 6/6 ele. Yagi @15/24 mts

2x Remote Setup:
Flex Maestro + SSDR + Antenna Genius Soft
N1MM linked by VPN