[3830] CQWW SSB N2QV SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N2QV SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 02:36:32 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: N2QV
Operator(s): N2QV
Station: N2QV

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: New York
Operating Time (hrs): 39
Radios: SO2R

  160:    7     4        3
   80:  294    15       53
   40:  729    24       79
   20: 1308    24       79
   15:  510    16       56
   10:   51     6       10
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This was my first cqww contest.  I’ve never been able to clear a weekend
devoted to radio but this seemed like a good year to give it a whirl.  Having
had a blast in WAE SSB last month I figured I would try unassisted this time.
I received some extremely helpful advice from our station engineer and antenna
designer, Scott, WU2X, and Kevin, N5DX, who did this contest and took first USA
place last year operating the station remotely from Arkansas.  The station
worked flawlessly with no technical problems at all.

Unfortunately I ignored/forgot most of the advice in the cacophony of battle.
The strategic blunders are too many to identify but overstaying my welcome on a
just ok 40m and not squeezing more from an electrifying 15m are obvious.
Sleeping in on Saturday am and missing a 10m opening to EU probably not helpful
either.

I have a new found respect for anyone who spends 40 plus hours in a chair
working dx.  Even more respect for someone who can watch a 2 hour movie in the
middle and still win with 14 hours to spare (kudos to K5ZD!)

It was as much fun as I’ve ever had on the radio.

Thanks again to Scott, WU2X, and Kevin, N5DX, for their invaluable counsel, time
and effort.

73 de N2QV