[3830] CQWW SSB IO4R(IU4FNO) SO(A)SB40 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, iu4fno@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB IO4R(IU4FNO) SO(A)SB40 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 09:23:25 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: IO4R
Operator(s): IU4FNO
Station: IO4R

Class: SO(A)SB40 LP
QTH: jn54in
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40: 1479    20       82
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1479    20       82  Total Score = 180,132

Club: Italian Contest Club

Comments:

40m antenna was rebuilt a few weeks before contest, after It suffered heavy
damage from a hailstorm during summer, so I decided to participate in SB 40m to
test It again. The station worked without any issues, only the connection to the
online scoreboard was a little unstable. My targets during the weekend were:
making 1000 Qs and beating the old Italian record. The first one was easily
achievable: the activity from Europe was huge, while the second one seemed
impossible after slow rates on Sunday afternoon, but a good run of NA stations
on a surprisingly clear frequency on Sunday night made it achievable. Always
felt low on multipliers: travel restricitions limited a lot this contest, so no
easy DX multipliers and crazy pile ups on every "exotic" call spotted,
making them hard to work for LP guys (missed HS and zone 26 because of them). In
the end, I had great fun during the weekend.

My station was: Yaesu FT1000 MP + 40m full size delta loop

Tnx everyone for all te QSOs, see you next time

Alessandro IU4FNO