[3830] NCCC Sprint N6ZFO LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint N6ZFO LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 07:02:26 +0000
                    NCCC Sprint - Oct 30

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: California
Operating Time (hrs): 0.50

  160:   4      3
   80:  13      8
   40:  23     14
   20:   7      5
   15:   0      0
   10:
-------------------
Total:  47     30  Total Score = 1,410

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

A dream night . . . pre-contest Bay Area stations, wD6T, K7GK and one So Cal
station N5KO were easily worked on 20m.  Then, as NS started these stations were
worked, but suddently K1GU, Ned came up out of the noise followed by W9RE, N4DW
and others withstrong signals.  Forty and 80 were amazing. . and then,
surprisingly, even with my compromised 160m antenna, even 160 worked well with
only 45 watts.  To my surprise, even without the KPA1500 tuner (at Elecraf for
repair) the FT-1000MP loaded the 40m DE Zepp on 40 and 80 with out using the
antenna tuner, just the 4:1 Balun from DXE.  The FT1000 tuner was of no help on
160, so power out was limited to 45 watts.   All-in all a most enjoyable NS.
Very pleased to work John AJ1DM for the RI mult.  73 Bill n6zfo