[3830] NA Sprint SSB KA9FOX HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ka9fox@qth.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB KA9FOX HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2020 04:31:36 +0000
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest - November

Call: KA9FOX
Operator(s): KA9FOX
Station: KA9FOX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   87
   40:  129
   20:   62
---------------------

Club:

Team: Defenders Of The Tundra

Comments:

Wow, lots of fun!  20 Meters was quiet, allowing me to hear and work some of the
weaker East/SE stations.  Unfortunately, it closed pretty early, leaving a lot
of time on 40, but there was plenty of activity to keep me busy there. I
normally do really well on 80, but I simply ran out of people to work there.
Many, many unanswered CQs left me quite frustrated. Fortunately, it caused me to
check 40 meters a couple of times and it netted me some much needed mults.
Another issue on 80... due to excessive high winds (30-40mph), an intermittent
SWR issue with my 80m rotatable dipole really reared its ugly head, which was
likely not helping my signal on 80.

All in all, I had a great contest, and considering I have only one antenna per
band, I think I did pretty well keeping up with the folks with larger stations.
Super fun and overall very happy with this effort!  Thanks to everyone that
takes time to get on for the SSB Sprint, even if it's part-time. Your activity
makes all the difference!

73 - Scott KA9FOX

RIG:  Yaesu FT-1000MP
AMP:  Ameritron AL-1200
20M & 40M Ant: Force 12 C4XL at 95 feet
80M Ant: Force 12 EF180C Rotatable Dipole at 100 feet.