[3830] SS CW WS1L SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, chandlerusm@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW WS1L SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2020 13:37:20 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2020

Call: WS1L
Operator(s): WS1L
Station: WS1L

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: North Adams, MA
Operating Time (hrs): 18.1

------------
  160:
   80:   78
   40:  235
   20:  206
   15:    2
   10:
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Elecraft K3S, KPA500 amp, Hex beam @35 feet, dipoles and verticals for lower
bands.

I started Saturday afternoon on 20, with decent results, then moved to 40 and
later 80 before calling it quits about 0300Z with 163 Q's and 63 sections.

Sunday morning at 1030Z there was no activity on Top Band, so I worked 80 and 40
looking for mults until 1220Z.  At that point I was at 193 Q''s and 74 sections,
missing NE, NNY, AL, PAC, SJV, AK, EWA, WY, AB and NT.

Sunday morning once the sun came up across North America I moved to 40 and 20,
checking 15 every so often for activity.  AL, SJV, NE and AB soon made the log.
A little later two EWA's called me while I was running on 20.  WY was one of my
few QSO's on 15.

NNY was the last of the 81 sections I worked - I had heard them on 20 at 1800Z,
but they were unworkable from here in WMA, just too close.  I made a note of
their call, and managed to work them on 40 in the early evening.

The last few hours were low in rate, as I had worked out everything I could
hear.  Never heard PAC, AK and NT, and never saw them spotted.

Still, first Sweepstakes from our new QTH, and nice to see the antennas are
working!