[3830] SS CW KB9OWD SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ryantiff@charter.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW KB9OWD SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2020 13:17:29 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2020

Call: KB9OWD
Operator(s): KB9OWD
Station: KB9OWD

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 23

------------
  160:
   80:  207
   40:  351
   20:   75
   15:   28
   10:
------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

First semi serious single op effort in awhile.  All dipole set up, running a
multi band dipole as the primary antenna at about 25 feet and tossed up a
temporary NE/SW 40 dipole about 20 feet up.  It performed about the same as the
multi band antenna and was rarely used.  So pretty much a one antenna, one radio
effort.

Had fun Sunday watching the live scoreboard and tried to close the gap with
Gary, W9XT, who is about 30 miles to my east.  He generally ran about 30 QSO
ahead all day.  It was interesting to watch the bursts come about the same for
both of us.  I'd have a burst and so would Gary.  I'd have a lul, so would Gary.
 Kept me in the chair and pushing along.  I pulled the plug a bit early Sunday
evening leaving about an hour short of 24 hours.

Missed NT like many.  Saw it spotted on 40 Sunday evening but nothing here.
Actually had all the others worked by 10 A.M. local Sunday.  Had some generally
tougher ones (NE, ND and MB) all call in within the first 10 minutes.  Went to
bed Saturday night needing NNY, WY, NL and NT.  Found NNY Sunday morning, K9DR
called in on 40 for the only WY and found NL on 20 weak but workable for the
only NL.

My 20 meter signal hurts the overall numbers and need to make an improvement
there.  Had a goal of about 750 QSO's so fell short of that.  Still a fun
weekend overall although tough to be inside when temperatures were 20 degrees
above normal all weekend.

Thanks for all the QSO's!

73,

Ryan KB9OWD