[3830] WAE RTTY NR4O Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nr40@att.net
Subject: [3830] WAE RTTY NR4O Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 00:35:13 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY - 2020

Call: NR4O
Operator(s): NR4O
Station: NR4O

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC - FM05
Operating Time (hrs): 24.5
Radios: SO2R

   80:  158   158     0    76
   40:  315   565   250   132
   20:  207   458   251   100
   15:   17    36    19    30
   10:
-------------------------------
Total:  697  1217   520   338  Total Score = 411,346

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Spent more time operating this one than I thought.  The QTC's were both a
blessing and a curse!  Receiving seemed to always have a problem and require
post QSO editing that disrupted a run.  But, the extra points on the sent QTC's
were great.  Still had way too many QTC left to send.  Thanks to those stations
that had the patience to work through the QTC's especially the first couple we
had to retrain ourselves on.

It seemed that conditions were decent all weekend.  If not for being able to
work anyone anywhere it would have been a very short contest.  A good mix of
S&P and running.  I had someone intentionally QRM'ing me around 7060.  I
moved and the person followed.  Went for S&P tour after it got too annoying.
 Tracking notch filters really work wonders!

40M was very good for me. Worked some loud EU and struggled to work others.  80M
was just OK.  I recall it being better in the CQWW RTTY and Makrothen contests.
I was less frustrated on 20M than usual. I think getting my 20M loop ~20 feet
higher last week helped a bunch.  The other factor is that QRM was noticeably
less than CQWW weekend.  Probably less participants.  I did miss most of
Saturday morning on the band to sleep.  Sunday morning was decent to me.  15M
was mostly a distraction to pick up mults when signals popped up. I just don't
have a very good antenna for 15M and even struggle working SA.

Thanks to everyone for the Qs and QTCs.

73,
Eric - NR4O