[3830] SS SSB W6DMW Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB W6DMW Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 03:58:58 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: W6DMW
Operator(s): W6DMW
Station: W6DMW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  26
   20:  44
   15:
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

I know I’ve said this before, first... well when one gets their license there
are a lot of firsts.  This time it was first HF Contest with everything being
mine.  Icom 7100 and Inverted V Dipole tuned to 20 and 40. At my QTH, no remote,
no borrowed gear.  All me!

So... with N6RO and N6WM being my mentors it was only fitting that N6WM be my
first contact.  (Not planned but a very happy accident).  After that the next 30
hours of the contest were an exercise in being low power with an antenna not
really high enough.  S&P the whole time.  Tried to call CQ a couple times
but got stomped on or nothing.

The band were well used while 40 had noise at night and allowed me to get the
time off. Both had great signals from the East.  Which leads me to this: thank
you to those that have powerful stations and still put up with the low power
guys and home brew antennas like myself.  I know it takes a lot of patience to
deal with repeating the info because of not hearing us.

Lastly thank you to stations like WA8Y and W9RM (I know there was at least one
more but I didn’t write down the calls) that took the moment to wish very warm
welcomes to the new guys with the 20 check number.