[3830] SS SSB N9RV Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N9RV Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 14:39:25 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: N9RV
Operator(s): N9RV
Station: N9RV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MT
Operating Time (hrs): 12

------------
  160:
   80:   12
   40:  774
   20:  401
   15:  340
   10:
------------

Club: Big Sky Contesters

Comments:

Wasn't planning anything serious, but my start got messed up by the malfunction
of my mic audio.  Finally just plugged in an old Heil headset to one of the
radios and pushed on.  Never use the second radio much in SS SSB anyway.

Thought this would be an easy sweep when VE8 called in in the first hour, but no
way.  The border to Canada was evidently closed in the ionosphere as well as on
the ground.  Really sweated out Ontario north - only worked one!  VE6 was so
hard I was tempted to go to 160 CW and ask the guy who is super active there to
QSY!  Never got it, or most of the Maritimes other than a super weak VE9CB who
called in on 15 with a whisper of a signal.

15 took a long time to open on Sunday but when it did it was super good.