[3830] SS SSB VE5MX Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve5mx@sasktel.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB VE5MX Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2020 01:32:00 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: VE5MX
Operator(s): VE5MX
Station: VE5MX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: SK
Operating Time (hrs): 20

------------
  160:    0
   80:    8
   40:   81
   20:  302
   15:   13
   10:    0
------------

Club: Saskatchewan Contest Club

Comments:

I hadn't intended to operate QRP in this contest, but at the Radio Sport
Manitoba on Thursday evening Ed, VE4VT, suggested I should do the contest QRP,
tongue in cheek to be sure. I knew I was busy most of the day Saturday but when
I finally got to the radio I cranked the power down and a bad thing happened,
VY1CO heard me calling him. I didn't hang around too long Saturday night but it
was an exercise in SO2R search and pounce. Same with most of Sunday with the
exception of two runs on 20m. All in all I have a new found respect for those of
you who run QRP full time, and I don't think you'll have to worry about me
tromping around your neighborhood for a good long time.

73 Todd