[3830] SS SSB W1SJ SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1sj@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB W1SJ SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2020 01:45:02 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: W1SJ
Operator(s): W1SJ
Station: W1SJ

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: VT
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:  787
   40:  376
   20:  468
   15:    1
   10:
------------

Club: Radio Amateurs of Northern Vermont

Comments:

There were highs and lows.
Scores were up over the last few years.

15m was open and useful if you had a monster array.
20m was anemic. It took a while for it to become useful in the morning and
while it was open past 6PM, signals were quite weak. "I gotta get a bigger
antenna" was the rally cry I kept saying.

Alaska and Yukon were no-shows in the NE. A couple of AK's were spotted early in
the contest, but all by West Coast stations. KL7SB (a big station) was spotted
twice on Sunday afternoon, and then nothing. I heard people calling him, but he
was never heard here.
A single Yukon showed up for a couple of hours early on, but again, nothing on
Sunday. There could have been an aurora which wipes them out. This has happened
before.

80m was is very good shape and quiet all night, making for a pleasant evening.
Sunday was the usual slog. But things were much better (and enjoyable) than the
last few years.