[3830] CQWW CW WB8WKQ SOSB10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, seismadude2@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW WB8WKQ SOSB10 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2020 22:55:59 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: WB8WKQ
Operator(s): WB8WKQ
Station: WB8WKQ

Class: SOSB10 HP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:  121    19       40
------------------------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

A tale of two different days.  Saturday, no EU to speak of, but late afternoon
had some nice western openings to the Pacific.  Was able to nab a bunch of KH6s
and even a VK!  It's been a few sunspot cycles since I remember a VK on 10M.
Thank you VK4KW!  Sunday, was just the opposite.  There was a great opening to
EU and AF up till about 1730z.  Then in the late afternoon, nothing out west.
Both days were open to SA, where I got most of my contacts.  South is probably
my worst direction, so was pleased to wind up with over 100 Q's on ten meters.
This was very fun, since I only had to operate during day light hours and not
burn out in the long 48 hour contest.  It was also "sweet" to work
into EU, AF and OC on ten meters.  Maybe we really are on the upswing of the
sunspot cycle.  Thanks to all for the Q's.