[3830] CQWW CW K0BJ SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, brucefrahmk0bj@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K0BJ SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 01:36:24 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: K0BJ
Operator(s): K0BJ
Station: K0BJ

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 31

  160:   11     7        9
   80:   64    17       43
   40:  140    25       57
   20:  215    31       82
   15:  303    29       85
   10:   74    15       25
------------------------------
Total:  807   124      301  Total Score = 976,225

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

I intended to do a pretty casual operation but got infected with DX and decent
conditions. By the 30 minute rule I op 31 hours.... but it wasn't THAT much.
Entirely S&P, somewhat stupidly but I love twisting the dial.

Four of the last seven years I've been an op at E2X M/S for this one. Not an
option this year. While working LN8W the op IDed himself as Stig LA7JO/HS0ZGD,
normally host of the HS0ZAR super hot M/M team - that was a fun
"consolation" QSO.  I saw some HS stations spotted but the only one
heard here was E21YDP on 40 Sunday morning.  The E2X ops and others were in
north Thailand for a big Field Day/family event running this contest, and
satellites, signing E2ICOM.  They even had hot air balloons for skyhooks !

10 didn't open to EU here but the bands were real good, especially Sunday
morning.  TOO good the last hour on 20, from the standpoint of wicked
round-the-world sigs on my and other Midwest signals.  Between the sidetone and
the rx my "5NN4"  sounded like a machine gun burst ending in
"3" in the shack.  At noon I thought it might be possible to bust 1
Meg but fresh meat sagged a bit.  It was fun working ex- KCDXCers KH7Q (KU1CW)
on 4 bands, and 9V1YC with 10 minutes left.  It ended hot for me with BY3GA Zone
23 going in the log with 15 seconds left in the contest.  GREAT to have high
band propagation again.  73  K0BJ

        Band     QSOs     Pts  ZN   Cty  Pt/Q
         1.8      11      23    7    9   2.1
         3.5      64     177   17   43   2.8