[3830] CQWW CW W2LCQ SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w2lcq@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W2LCQ SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 02:49:36 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: W2LCQ
Operator(s): W2LCQ
Station: W2LCQ

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: NYC Manhattan
Operating Time (hrs): 27

  160:
   80:   11     5        5
   40:  130    15       49
   20:   69    16       47
   15:   10     7        9
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

I did not have fun. SFI 106 meant nothing. Tough going Fri and Sat. At 1200 EST
Sat I had only 50 Qs. Lots of QRM and band noise. Could not break any pile ups.
Had to wait my turn . The AW should be called the Pw: pile up window because
that's where the pileups are. Got off off the AW and tuned stations the old
fashioned way. Auto tuned the station and added +2 Hz on the high side.. Condx
improved Sun with 20 and 40 in better shape. The AW was lit up like a Christmas
tree on 10m and 15m but I could not hear anything. 80 was also dead to me or
most of the contest. Made the best I could out of 20 and 40, and a generally bad
situation.
Realization: my antenna and LP are totally inadequate  for participation in a a
major DX contest.

Icom 7300 100w out
Icom AH-4 Auto Tuner
Antenna end fed 30' long #22 gauge magnet wire up 30' in a sidewalk tree
Alinco 32A switching power supply
N3ZN paddle

Dell Latitude 7840 laptop
Windows 10 N1MM+