[3830] CQWW CW K2PO SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bill@conwellpdx.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K2PO SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 04:52:12 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: K2PO
Operator(s): K2PO
Station: K2PO

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 37:07
Radios: SO2R

  160:   37    13       16
   80:  251    25       35
   40:  684    34       84
   20:  682    32       91
   15:  263    28       55
   10:   84    16       24
------------------------------

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Fun time.  Beat last year’s score by 12%, and did it with 3 fewer hours.  So
that’s progress.

Condx get some credit.  With quiet conditions on the low bands, and central
Europeans workable on 15m (for almost 30 minutes), it’s almost all we could
hope for at this time in the solar cycle.

Gear gets some credit too.  I’m on the learning curve with a new-to-me Flex
6500, and I stumbled along the way (including an hour trouble-shooting a
"TX Fault" error, which may have caused correlated freezes of my
K2PO/7 Skimmer, and erratic behavior of N1MM).  But the Flex panadapter display
is a definite step up from the SVGA P3, and gives a better sense of band
awareness.

Last year I worked 100+ countries on 40m and 20.  This year I failed to reach
that mark on any band, but my skimmer heard CQs from 126 countries here in
Oregon, including juicy bits such as 5T, 8Q, A4 and VU.

As always, the majority of the log is Asians, with JAs amounting to 31% of all
QSOs.  VEs are next, and then - as a sign of the rebounding solar cycle -
Germans are in third place, with 3.1%.  (Europeans comprise 20% of the log
overall.)  Chinese stations are just behind, at 3%.

I pulled the plug when the QSO counter reached 2000, with an hour to go.  The
XYL usually does the driving home after these sleep-deprived weekends, but she
took a vacation from the vacation house, and I wanted to spare other drivers the
risks of encountering me on dark country roads in my post-contest state.  (Other
drivers are hazard today enough - many distracted by fresh-cut Christmas trees
carelessly lashed to their car roofs.)  I got home just as the spectacular
"Beaver" full moon rose (look it up, with a nod to Oregon State
teams).

Tnx to all!