[3830] CQWW CW K2DM M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k2dm@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K2DM M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 12:39:00 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: K2DM
Operator(s): K2DM K1CTR K3ZGA N4FP N0SMX W2TR
Station: K2DM

Class: M/S HP
QTH: NFL
Operating Time (hrs): 42

  160:   17     7       12
   80:  111    14       52
   40:  598    29       85
   20:  436    28       91
   15:  598    23       81
   10:   98    16       28
------------------------------

Club: The Villages Amateur Radio Club

Comments:

Lots of changes since CQWWSSB.  The Hy-Gain TH2 antenna @ 40 feet was replaced
with a Cushcraft A3+40M for the MULT station, and a new 80M inverted Vee was
installed at 60 feet for the MULT station.  A new (to me) SPE 1.3K-FA amp
replaced the KPA500 on the MULT station.  And the whole station was grounded.
Sadly, the 1.3K-FA failed in the first hour, so I had to drive home to collect
the KPA500, which worked flawlessly.
Despite this little visit from Murphy, we had a fantastic time.  Once again this
was a 'fun' effort - an opportunity for those of us who live in a
deed-restricted community to use decent antennas.  Once our S&P ops become
more experienced and learn to RUN, the station will reach its full potential.
In the meantime, we all just have FUN.
The older-model Bencher Skyhawk that I bought from NN7CW a while back worked
great at 60 feet.  It provided some nice runs (Wayne had a 97-hour and I had a
91-hour), and it busted MANY pileups.  Dennis was especially happy to work a VK
long path on Sunday.  He hadn't done that in years!  Not yet a RUNNER, Dennis
spent the last 5 hours of the contest at the RUN station working the band map
dry.  Gary worked the first 10 hours of the contest with me, switching off
between the RUN and MULT stations.  Bob and Doug held down the fort at the MULT
station for a number of hours each, enjoying being able to work many stations
with just one or two calls, and just wishing they could call some of the
stations that were blue in the band map!
Bottom line:  we had a fine time.  Many thanks to my friends for joining me at
The Land for the weekend.  Looking forward to doing it again.