[3830] CQWW CW K2LE(@K2LE/1) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, gerry@w1ve.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K2LE(@K2LE/1) M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 14:12:01 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: K2LE
Operator(s): K2LE K1EP W1VE
Station: K2LE/1

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: VT
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   95    12       40
   80:  561    22       72
   40: 1055    33      108
   20: 1098    33      111
   15:  918    26      104
   10:   83    20       42
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

K2LE M/2 2020 Murphy Edition
 - Borrowed 87a tube short during the contest, swapped tubes mid-contest.
 - 20+ year 5L 10m Yagi, rock-solid, decided to resonate at 27 MHz.
 - Rotator for 3L 20/40 (2nd antenna) simply stopped working after many years.

   It was pointed at 330 degrees, so great for JA run.
 - Remote Op VE3KI's RRC 1258 failed testing before contest Thursday. VE4EA
   FEDEXed him a spare overnight (Winnipeg to Ottawa); Package was @ Fedex
Ottawa
   Friday, but said they could not extricate until Monday!
 - Remote Op VE4EA was not feeling well and had to bow out.

So, we had the three-man team of K2LE, K1EP and myself.   We had a lot of fun
despite the issues.   After getting over the issues, we still had fun.  Thanks
to Ed for the cooking, and Andy for the hospitality.

Especially thanks to all for the QSOs.   Congrats to the other M/2 USA teams for
really great work.   It was nice to see so many in the category.

73,

Gerry W1VE
for the K2LE Team