[3830] CQWW CW N9RV SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N9RV SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 15:40:26 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: N9RV
Operator(s): N9RV
Station: N9RV

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: MT
Operating Time (hrs): 35
Radios: SO2R

  160:   54    15       21
   80:  254    22       45
   40:  752    32       83
   20: 1059    31       83
   15:  452    30       66
   10:   56    11       15
------------------------------

Club: Big Sky Contesters

Comments:

Failure of second radio in the 1900Z hour on Day 1 crashed hopes for a
competitive score -- I was one radio from that point.  Everything else was
flawless -- no line noise, antennas/rotors working, operator in good shape.
Quite a lesson on the need for redundancy.

Many highlights.  Thank you JA's -- Asia was 44 percent of my contacts.  Higher
SFI seems to have helped keep the MUF up high enough on the JA path at night to
prevent the "dome of silence" that has descended on 40 meters pretty
consistently over the last few years.  Good riddance!

Many have noted how the low bands suffered, but JA was reasonably good.  And the
second night on 80/160, as much as I operated, was very good to EU.  15 meters
was never runnable to EU from here, and 10m was not open.

Some big competition in the USA and World SOAB categories.  And an amazing
assisted score from K5ZD.  Wow!

It seems like we are back to the "bad old days" with respect to
operators sending their own calls.  I think some action is needed when some of
them are top scorers.  But maybe I'm just getting cranky.