[3830] CQWW CW LN8W(@LA8W) M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW LN8W(@LA8W) M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 18:16:04 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: LN8W
Operator(s): LA3BO LA6YEA LA7JO LA9WDA LA0GA LB1G LB1QI LB3RE LB8CG LB8IB
Station: LA8W

Class: M/M HP
QTH: JO59OJ Rakkestad
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  1379    25       68
   80:  2149    29       94
   40:  2665    37      125
   20:  2229    35      116
   15:  1377    35      120
   10:   260    22       69
-------------------------------

Club: LA Contest Club

Comments:

THANK YOU ALL VERY VERY MUCH FOR CALLING US !

We had a good team gathered for a multi-multi effort, and we were optimistic
thanks to the rising numbers of sunspots and rising flux, as well as decay after
the coronal hole a week before the contest.

We were particularly optimistic for the new 160m 4-square that our members
worked very hard to complete before the contest

And we were not dissapointed !
OK, conditions could have been better at times on low bands, but except for
that, in particular 10m and 15m produced better than the last years.

Station setup:
6 x FLEX-6600 with Maestors and SmartSDR i SmartControl configuration and a
variety of old and new linears, with N1MM+ logging SW and a very nice in-house
Antenna Control System.
Antennas : Same as during CQ Dx SSB except the addition of a new 4-square for
160m

Mr. Murphy didnot quite forget us completely this time.  Some PC and radio
glitches as well as problems with rotating the two big towers caused some stress
on th eops, but all in all, not too bad.

Covid implied special preparations and severe caution, and only the coming week
will show if all is OK. (E.g. In stead of being present myself, since I should
not operate in any case, I stayed at home and followed the progress by NoMachine
(TeamViever-style) on a minute-by-minute basis - really fun!)

Looking forward too see you again in CQ 160m and ARRL DX next year.
Please give us a call !

73 de
Roy / LA5KO