[3830] CQWW CW W1DYJ SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W1DYJ SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 20:29:31 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: W1DYJ
Operator(s): W1DYJ
Station: W1DYJ

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: Massachusetts
Operating Time (hrs): 14:35

  160:    7     3        3
   80:   45    25       11
   40:  129    49       16
   20:   77    44       21
   15:   61    32       14
   10:   13     9        6
------------------------------
Total:  332   162       71  Total Score = 209,700

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Overall results: I met none of my goals.

Thanks to Tony, K1KP, who encouraging me to join the YCCC
in 2011, and YCCC members pushing me (after 50+ years of
hamming) to finally engage in CW contesting, my first
CW contest was the 2014 CQ WW CW.  This is my 8th one.
Ignoring the score for that first one, this is a
"Personal worst."

The low bands seemed very noisy. Two of my goals were KL7
on 80M (to complete 5BWAS) and VK6 (Z29, to complete WAZ).
I was up early both days to enjoy the grey line, heard
both of them, but was unable to break the pileups.  :(

I probably spent too much time on 160M as well, looking for
new DXCC Qs.  Overall, I probably should have spent more
time on 40M which was quite decent.

10M and 15M were better than the last three years.  I
missed Sunday afternoon to other activities and my 20M
totals were down.

But there is always good news:  My TS590SG hears much
better than my old TS-2000. And I felt that I was copying
CW much better and spending less time listening to each
contact before calling them.  My error rate will prove this
right or wrong!

Rig: TS-590SG
Actual BIC = 14:35 hours  (Classic "60 minute" time = 19:46)
Antennas:
   10  HB 5el yagi @ 30ft
   15  HB Rotatable Dipole @ 33ft
   20  HB Moxon @ 36ft
   80/40/160 Modified AD DX-CC fed at 30', with 160
        added "zig-zag" around back yard at about 15'
Logger: N3FJP NAQP Contest Log V 5.8
100% S&P

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ