[3830] CQWW CW EA6FO(EA3M) SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ea3m.roger@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW EA6FO(EA3M) SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2020 09:33:38 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: EA6FO
Operator(s): EA3M
Station: EA6FO

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Ibiza
Operating Time (hrs): 46
Radios: SO2R

  160:  314    12       52
   80: 1475    21       73
   40: 2348    29       98
   20: 1776    27       76
   15: 1376    36       88
   10:  312    21       58
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

No discussion that CQWW is definitely the best contest, the one that you cannot
miss. However this year everything was uncertain due to COVID-19 global
pandemic. In my case, so uncertain that I only bought the tickets to Ibiza
island less than one week before the start of the contest and with no certainty
that I could actually fly. This meant almost no MR or 2BSIQ DXLog training and
not much time to define an operation strategy, but it also meant having the
chance to operate my first CQ WW CW in SOAB!

Once again, I am very grateful to Vicenç (EA6FO), and very specially to Julio
(EA3AIR) and Patro (XYL) for their hospitality and their great help during the
contest. Great times spent with Julio putting back the radials of the 80m/160m
vertical and setting the AS and NA beverages across the fields surrounding the
QTH! Not to forget the whip that he specially built for the occasion to keep me
awake during the long hours in the second afternoon, hihi.

Operation-wise, only one word: AMAZING. Lots of things learnt, and lots of
things to improve. For example, I think I've improved a lot my 2BSIQ technique
during this contest, but I can still do much better when having big pile-up
conditions in both radios (like the ones in this contest from EA6). Fortunately
this has an easy solution for next year: practice, practice and practice! :-)

Regarding fatigue management, very interesting. As I said, this was my first 48h
real operation (ARRL DX CW does not count, as there is not always propagation to
NA) so this taught me two things: First, I should carefully plan when to sleep
before it is "too late" and break. Second, I've learnt how my body
reacts and feels so I'll be able to read the signs in the next one.

All in all, I'm very excited with the results and very positive for the upcoming
years. This hobby of ours is all about learning and improving, and this contest
have definitely helped me with both things.

See you in the next one!

Roger EA3M