[3830] CQWW CW IO4X(IK4ZGO) SO(A)SB40 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ik4zgo@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW IO4X(IK4ZGO) SO(A)SB40 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2020 11:03:55 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: IO4X
Operator(s): IK4ZGO
Station: IR4X

Class: SO(A)SB40 LP
QTH: Sasso Marconi (BO)
Operating Time (hrs): 39,5
Remote Operation

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1908    33      111  Total Score = 479,088

Club: Italian Contest Club

Comments:

Due the pandemic scenario that forced us to stay home the only way to take part
in the CQWW CW show was via remote station. The easiest way to get it was to
control the logging software via remote desktop, accepting however many
limitations: no radio hardware control (i.e. VFO knob, filters switches etc.)
and no rotation of the YAGI, left to NA direction though combined with a fixed
2L delta loop towards NE .
Doing contest in this way was harder than expected, with great difficulty to
find a frequency where doing CQ, because I had to write it manually in the entry
window attempting many times until find a free place. Having to choose how to
leave the RX filter for the whole contest, I opted for the 500 Hz setting but
this bandwidth almost always allowed to the nearest signals cover my listening.
Furthermore due to the fixed antennas it was not easy to work multipliers in not
coverage directions, and in some case it was very frustrating listening and not
be able to get mults and zones from SA and AF.
So what more to say? I really hope the next year we'll go back to the
traditional way to enjoy!
Despite of all of this, the CQWW - THE contest - is always great fun and the
propagation seemed me very good with excellent signals both days.
Thanks for the QSOs and CU on the next one!

73
Stan IK4ZGO - IO4X