[3830] CQWW CW VY2ZM(K1ZM) SO(A)SB160 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K1ZM@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VY2ZM(K1ZM) SO(A)SB160 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2020 18:46:27 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: VY2ZM
Operator(s): K1ZM
Station: VY2ZM

Class: SO(A)SB160 HP
QTH: PEI
Operating Time (hrs): 33

  160: 1769    25       84
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1769    25       84  Total Score = 490,173

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Please say it isn’t so….. but it looks like the proverbial 160m “FAT
LADY” has already started to sing….as Topband conditions changed almost
overnight between the 1st week of October and CQWW CW!!!  In early October, JA
stations were everywhere on 160m starting at 0830z and then basically
disappeared as the WW CW weekend approached.  The rise of the solar flux to over
100 does that to 160m and we just must accept the impacts of “Old Sol’s”
re-emergence on Topband.

Most impacted were the over the pole routes and those into DEEP Asia, eg: places
like zone 18 and 19.  I was very fortunate to work one single JA the first
morning but could not make it to RT0C whom I called for at least 30 minutes as
he ran JA’s and the USA West coast.  Then, to add insult to injury, I weakly
heard one of his pileup callers send 599 18 – which demoralized me even more!

Nevertheless, there were some great moments in the contest over the weekend and
those were really fun!   On a positive note, I did manage to score a personal
best contact total on 160m during a WW CW test – but the available
DX’pedition multipliers from years past were clearly absent due to the impacts
of COVID all over the world.  Despite this, many thanks to all the 160m friends
who got on Topband during the contest over the weekend to make it memorable.
It was so nice to work old friends again!

73 JEFF  VY2ZM (K1ZM)