[3830] CQWW CW N7WA SO(A)SB40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N7WA SO(A)SB40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2020 03:53:30 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: N7WA
Operator(s): N7WA
Station: N7WA

Class: SO(A)SB40 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 38

  160:
   80:
   40:  981    34       89
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Sounds like a bang-up time on all bands. Congrats to all the great scores
and efforts I have been reading about.

First night wasn't too good into Europe but Saturday and Sunday both started
early (say 2PM local) and I was even able to do a bit of running (10 minute rate
going over 100 a couple times). I did notice a skew path into Europe Saturday
night. First time I ever tried using one and my pickups seemed to increase.

All across Asia was really good Friday night/Saturday morning. Sunday was just
ok. Seemed like a lot of VK's and YB's were also on.

Tried long path into Europe both mornings. Got a several Saturday but Sunday
seemed much better. Ever hear the surprise you get when you call someone and
they aren't expecting someone from that part of the world? Ok, maybe it's just
my imagination. Usually get a couple Africa on the long path but not this year.

Zone count was the same as a couple years ago but country counts were down about
30. I expect that was partially COVID-19 and partially the pressure of greater
activity on the other bands. Heard lots of mults I could not work.

Saw W7WA post a spot for the Maldives - said he was strong. I popped over and
yeah, they were coming in good (contrary to all the other times I heard them).
After I worked them, I saw A60A up the band a bit. (I had been gunning for them
all weekend as well.) Nothing ventured, nothing gained and darned if I didn't
put them in the log next. I was giggling like a little boy by now.  There was an
Israeli next...  nah... I didn't make that one and my magic moment was over.

Missed hearing PJ2T on the air after 20 years. Watch out next year eh?

Best Rates
Period, min.    QSOs    QSOs per minute    QSOs per hour
10                22       2.2                132
20                36       1.8                108
30                52       1.7                104
60                96       1.6                 96
120              166       1.4                 83

Continents               Q's      %
NA    North America     163     16.1
SA    South America      15      1.5
EU    Europe            166     16.4