[3830] ARRL 160 N5UM SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N5UM SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2020 06:25:16 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2020

Call: N5UM
Operator(s): N5UM
Station: N5UM

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: OK
Operating Time (hrs): 55.5

Total:  QSOs = 220  Sections = 70  Countries = 3  Total Score = 32,777

Club:

Comments:

My usual 160M inverted L got destroyed by ice storm a few weeks ago.  Wasn't
sure if I would be able to get on for this one.   Forced RF into my 6BTV and
made 5 Qs Friday night - of course it wasn't working much at all.   Decided
Saturday morning to try to get something up that would at least sort of work as
I really wanted to be on for this contest.   Attached 1/4 wave wire for 160 to
the base of the 6BTV and put it into a couple of trees (both mangled from the
storm, but could still hold up the wire) kind of in an inverted-L configuration.
  That worked much better, but not as good as the old inverted L.  70 sections,
plus C6, ZF, and XE.   I have so much tree damage here I am not sure what I will
be left with after everything gets cleaned up.   Hopefully I can get a decent
160M antenna up.

Rig: IC7600     Amp:  ALS-600  500W

Thanks for the Qs.
73, Al N5UM