[3830] ARRL 160 N1PGA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N1PGA Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2020 17:16:37 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2020

Call: N1PGA
Operator(s): N1PGA
Station: N1PGA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): 20

Total:  QSOs = 744  Sections = 79  Countries = 19  Total Score = 122,055

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Lots of fun. Friday night was pretty good but wet heavy snow and wind took the
Inv-L down 2 times Saturday night.  Fishing the wires out of the trees in the
dark was less fun than I'd wanted.  The antenna did not want to be tuned with
the snow, sleet & slush on it.  While standing out in the woods I happened
to be looking in the right direction to see the entire stormy sky light up from
a power transformer that exploded over in the next neighborhood.  Pretty spooky
to see and between that and the branches that came down near me, I took it as a
sign the maybe I should just tie it up quickly, get out of the woods and take
whatever it gives for matching. Turns out my amp is a little more forgiving than
I thought and I was able to continue with reduced power.