[3830] ARRL 160 K6EI Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K6EI Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2020 18:19:02 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2020

Call: K6EI
Operator(s): K6EI
Station: K6EI

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: SCV
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 172  Sections = 39  Countries = 1  Total Score = 14,000

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was my fifteenth year running QRP in the ARRL 160 contest.  Operated from
home (Sunnyvale) this year using my K3S and an inverted L suspended from the
palm tree in my backyard.  A/K indexes ranged from 2/0 on Friday to 5/2 on
Sunday. The local noise floor was a challenge (especially Sunday morning), with
the background noise level at my QTH ranging from -90 to -85dbm.  Switching to
my two pennant receive antennas didn't help.  Maybe next year I'll operate
portable from a quieter location.