[3830] ARRL 160 N1UR Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N1UR Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2020 19:09:10 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2020

Call: N1UR
Operator(s): N1UR
Station: N1UR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VT
Operating Time (hrs): 18
Radios: SO2R

Total:  QSOs = 957  Sections = 78  Countries = 29  Total Score = 230,378

Club:

Comments:

Started off Low Power and worked the first day that way.  But after only logging
about 20 EU, I decided that it was not a year for W1 to be competitive plus its
gets Slooooow on day 2.  So started day 2 as High Power.  Had as many EU in the
log by 23Z as I did the whole night before as low power.  Many of the EU were
not likely Low power workable.  Ended the contest with about 75 EU in the log.

Seemed like excellent NA activity and worse than I remember EU activity.  I
don't do this contest every year but that seemed to be the situation.

It was amazingly quiet Friday night hear but Saturday night had a significant
storm just to the east of us creating A LOT of crashes.  Even the beverages had
some noise.

Thanks for the Qs.

73

Ed  N1UR

2 el phased array of T top verticals spaced 1/2 wave apart.
6 beverages 600 - 900 ft.