[3830] ARRL 160 WB0TEV SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 WB0TEV SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2020 20:57:06 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2020

Call: WB0TEV
Operator(s): WB0TEV
Station: WB0TEV

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: NTX
Operating Time (hrs): 18:37

Total:  QSOs = 437  Sections = 82  Countries = 9  Total Score = 83,356

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

Equipment:
TS590SG driving an old Dentron MLA2500 to~400 watts
TX Antennas:
 * haphazardly matched 63 foot shunt fed tower topped with PRO-67B with tuner in
shack
  * Inverted L (60'V, 80'H) with two elevated radials up 10 feet that's still
very much a work in progress

RX Antennas:
Two reversible RG6 beverages (United Microsystems)
40°/220° 600 feet long
315°/135° 720 feet long

Software: N1MM+

This was my first serious effort in the contest and wanted to see how the
beverages I put up this summer would play.  In the 3 months since they went up
I've picked up 10 new countries on 160, 11 on 80, 8 each on 40 and 30 and a
couple dozen on 60.  I was not disappointed.  The old adage that you can't work
them if you can't hear them is never more true than on 160m.

I really didn't know if I had a shot at working a sweep of the ARRL/RAC sections
but came up only missing NT and PAC.  Saw spots for VY1CO, but couldn't copy
him. Never heard or saw a spot for PAC.
Only worked 14 five pointers.  DX worked consisted of C6, CO, V3, XE, ZF, CT,
CT3, EA and JA.  Heard HL5ILV climb up above ESP level once, but never good
enough to even try.

Owing to my rusty CW skills did 97% Search and Pounce.  Did do a few brief runs
before I went to bed a couple of times that put a dozen or so QSO's in the log.

Hope to work you in the 10m contest, the RAC Winter contest(SSB only), and the
Stew later this month.

73 from North Texas
Victor WB0TEV