[3830] ARRL 10 VK3JA SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 VK3JA SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2020 11:43:07 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2020

Call: VK3JA
Operator(s): VK3JA
Station: VK3JA

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Rural Melbourne
Operating Time (hrs): 5.5

   CW:  146    28
  SSB:   23     4
-------------------
Total:  169    32  Total Score = 20,790

Club: VK Contest Club

Comments:

It was a lot of fun to struggle with pre sunset openings to EU both days.
>From VK3 prop was open a few hours but was surprised at the small turnout of
EU's during their morning hours.  Only worked about 9 stations the first day all
giving very small serial numbers but their sigs were good copy about S7.

Sunday night here (Sunday morning in EU) the band opened about 2 hrs before
local sunset and stayed open four hours until 2 hrs after sunset!  It was a lot
of fun to see what would come through working 10 meter QSO's in the dark after
sunset. It's been a long time for that!  One EA station came through here for
over 3 hrs with a good S7 signal but very little else on the band until an hour
after our local sunset.  Some good signals and I worked 23 stations in the dark
before QRT.

Good fun because it wasn't easy.  Lots of JA's here but I never heard NA at
all.
Thanks to the EU's that called making this a fun event.

73 Steve VK3JA