[3830] ARRL 10 W1TJL SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1tjl@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W1TJL SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 00:01:20 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2020

Call: W1TJL
Operator(s): W1TJL
Station: W1TJL

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: FN32ra
Operating Time (hrs): 21

   CW:  300    65
  SSB:  582    62
-------------------
Total:  882   127  Total Score = 300,228

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Ever since my first Field Day this has been one of my favorite contests.  Been a
lot of years since the band was open and indeed it might not have been open much
this weekend.

Friday night at the start the bands were good and I had good rates and it stayed
open till after 12:30 AM.  Saturday had brief periods of openings but never got
close to Friday night.  Today was a bit better but it was a struggle.  High
noise, lots of absorption, And QSB that would let you get the first part of a
call but not the end. Or vice versa.  Almost like meteor scatter.  Add to that
some auroral flutter!

Never the less I wanted to hit 150000 p0ints but once I was there each new round
number kept me going.  At 3 or so this afternoon I thought about hitting 300000
but didn't think that was doable.  But a couple of surprise entries and mults
kept me slogging through.

Anyway, I had fun, and chatted with folks during slow periods.

73, Tom W1TJL