[3830] ARRL 10 NV4B SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kt4xa@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 NV4B SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 00:41:38 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2020

Call: NV4B
Operator(s): NV4B
Station: NV4B

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs): 17:33

   CW:  444    54
  SSB:  307    41
-------------------
Total:  751    95  Total Score = 227,050

Club:

Comments:

This was my first serious entry in the ARRL 10m Contest in five years as I've
been involved in activities the past few years that conflicted with the contest,
but due to COVID, those were cancelled this year, and I was able to enjoy the
best effort I've ever made in an ARRL 10-Meter Contest.  As everyone else has
noted, Friday night was simply amazing with approximately 360 QSOs in the first
four hours.  That was one of the best Es openings I've experienced during an
ARRL 10.  I didn't operate much Saturday, but from what I heard, I didn't miss
much.  Sunday morning through early afternoon was again profitable with a good
opening from here to the Upper Midwest, but with three hours to go, the band
died almost completely, with zero responses to my CQs in the final hour and a
half.
The biggest disappointment was the relative lack of TEP.  I worked only a
handful of South American stations, and signals were generally weak.