[3830] ARRL 10 N4XD SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ron.spencer@zoho.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 N4XD SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 00:49:20 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2020

Call: N4XD
Operator(s): N4XD
Station: N4XD

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW: 1055    92
  SSB:
-------------------
Total: 1055    92  Total Score = 388,240

Club: Smithchart ARS

Comments:

My plan was to go up to the shack, work the few locals and perhaps some western
states, then relax in front of the TV. THAT didn't work out.

I've never seen 10 so excellent on Friday night! At least 60 kHz wall to wall
signals. Amazing. My rate for the first 4 hours was over 100 per hour! Even got
called by 2 VKs. Just amazing. Was even spotted by 3D2 RBN. WOW! Packed it in
around 11:30 PM local with band still very active. I figured I'd grab some sleep
to get ready for the EU opening Saturday.

That didn't happen. At the end of Saturday had exactly one: EA7X. One African,
V51.

South America was well represented. Not huge volume but nice country count.

Saturday did work ZL, KH6. Finished Saturday with 655Q, 51 sections (worked 44
Friday night!), 16DX.

Sunday started as expected. Some locals and NE. Many NE on meteor scatter. My
apologies to those that called and I couldn't complete.

Slowly the band started to fill and, EXCELLENT, got a call from a European
around 1415Z. Unfortunately the opening never got very strong. A slow, somewhat
steady, flow of EU signals over an hour and half or perhaps 2. Not the opening I
was hoping for. But did add a bunch more countries to the multiplier total.

South America was in early and strong. Not huge volume but nice country count.
And in to the end of the contest with VERY strong signals.

Sunday did get spotted by ZS6 rbn well after dark there AND after I had turned
the beam to the west. Never worked another African station. 6W1 did call but I
never did get his full call correct. Too bad as he was VERY patient with lots of
repeats. Would have liked to put him in the log.

Mid afternoon got called by ND! Only US missing sections were DE, DC and AK.
Where the heck were DC and DE? AK is always a challenge.

Odd, all of Sat no VE6 or VE7. Sunday, multiples of both. Not complaining just
interesting. LOTS of VE stations on in general. Must be cold up there so
everyone stayed inside :) Same with MN.

By the end of the contest had 62 sections and 30 DX. Thanks to all that called
in! All in all one of, if not the, best and most fun 10M contests I can
remember. Certainly my best since moving the NC from CA.

Equipment
Anan 7000dle
Yaesu Quadra amp
2 element quad