[3830] ARRL 10 K6RO SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, lashap@cox.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K6RO SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 02:18:55 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2020

Call: K6RO
Operator(s): K6RO
Station: K6RO

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: LAX
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   CW:  176    41
  SSB:   63    16
-------------------
Total:  239    57  Total Score = 47,310

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

On Friday night,I expected to work just locals,but at 00:53,I started to hear
Texas,AZ,South America and others.I was hoping to fill the log with lots of
mults before I went to bed....but Sharon had booked us a tennis match,and out
the window went probably 100 q's and lots of mults...
Took a 4 hour break..yes we won the match ! but  was thinking about the
contest,and what I was missing instead of a yellow tennis ball.

I got back on,and worked IN,OK,and a few more q's before I went to bed. W9RE
sure has good ears !
I spent most of Saturday in the shack making q's,and working at the same time..
I listened to N6KN ,who lives a mile from me working many stations I could not
hear.. that is typical for me,as my 2 elements at 40 feet doesn't cut it...
Got up Sunday morning at 7am,hoping to hear signals,but didn't hear anyone until
9am.
Did mostly S and P trying to find mults.
Had a good time,and look forward to next year.
I may look into helping MM or MS stations in the future,as I see some big gun
stations can't fill all the time slots..
Maybe N6KI ?
Congrats to KI6RRN ,as he is a CQ machine. After looking at the antennas he gets
to use,my antenna seems like an HT..

When 10 meters is open,it's magic,and when it dies..like it did a few times this
weekend,it's like someone disconnected your coax .

K3S
JK Navassa at 40 feet..maybe 36 this time..2 elements.
Heil PRO 7
N1MM