[3830] ARRL 10 N7MZW SO SSB Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n7mzw1@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 N7MZW SO SSB Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 02:41:23 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2020

Call: N7MZW
Operator(s): N7MZW
Station: N7MZW

Class: SO SSB Unlimited LP
QTH: Cheyenne,WY.
Operating Time (hrs): 8.5

   CW:    0     0
  SSB:  147    27
-------------------
Total:  147    27  Total Score = 7,938

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Wow! A day late start, no rig control, and waking up Sunday morning to find the
North end of my ZS6BKW antenna lying on the snowy ground, makes perfect sense
for the 2020 COVID-19 version the the ARRL 10 Meter Contest! I managed to get
the North end of my antenna up at about 15 feet by tossing two large sockets
tied to Paracord into a tree, but it was just too cold for my 62 year old lungs
to do much more than that. Part of the antenna had fallen onto my 2 element 6
Meter, roof mounted Cubical Quad, so imagine my surprise when I managed to
obtain 90 watts of forward power and a 1.2 standing wave ratio using my
Vectronics VC300DLP tuner! However, thanks to a vast improvement in recent Sun
Spots, and the determination to leave my butt in the chair for 8.5 hours, I was
able to more than triple my last year's score. A single (MB)Canadian, Argentina,
Brazil, Chile, and Uruguay was my only DX worked. Most hunt and pounce contacts
were worked on the first try and I did have a few good runs as well. Another 100
Watts and a Wire Adventure is in the books! November Seven Many Zebras Walking