[3830] ARRL 10 VK2IA SO CW Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vk2ia@vkcc.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 VK2IA SO CW Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 23:14:47 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2020

Call: VK2IA
Operator(s): VK2IA
Station: VK2IA

Class: SO CW Unlimited HP
QTH: VK/ZL
Operating Time (hrs): 26

   CW:  694    85
  SSB:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  694    85  Total Score = 235,620

Club: VK Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks for the Qs!!

After seeing 10m coming back to life in CQWW CW I was hoping for similar condx
this weekend but got disappointed.

Day 1: Good start into NA and a steady rate into JA/BY/YB until later in the day
(local time), but no real opening into EU. Heavy QSB and only a few EUs in the
log. It felt a bit like pulling teeth, a few loud exceptions though. Slow early
morning into NA. No VE at all, only few W0/W9/W8. Didn't manage to work NY and
NH which I felt was a bit strange.

Day 2: Condx improved later for a better EU opening. Worked quite a few EUs,
more than the previous day with signals still on the weaker side.  QSB and some
local SSB QRM made it hard at times to copy.  My hope was for a good opening
into NA for more Qs and mults in the last 5 hours of the contest. Switched on
the radio just after our sunrise, worked the first W and then power went off as
a result of torrential rain and storms. A minute later my wife rang and said
that they forecasted flooding at home (about 3 hours South of the station). That
was it...

Station:
K3 + amp
4 ele yagi  @12m