[3830] ARRL 10 K3EST(@N6RO) SO CW Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bobk3est@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K3EST(@N6RO) SO CW Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 18:30:05 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2020

Call: K3EST
Operator(s): K3EST
Station: N6RO

Class: SO CW Unlimited HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 28

   CW: 1238    83
  SSB:
-------------------
Total: 1238    83  Total Score = 411,016

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

What a difference a little jump in SFI makes! This was the best 10m test since
2016. Conditions were much better than last year where 95% on my contacts were
on Friday night!  Friday was open all the way to New England and thru the 4th
call area. Finally, it closed except to the west coast about 0600. Was on the
band at 1400 and it was open to NM and west coast. At 1500 skip moved further
east and worked KP2M. Spotty opening thru 4 and 5 land until about 1730 when the
band suddenly was wide open to the east. It opened both days at 1730 to allow
good runs thru most of the US east of the Mississippi.  The runs lasted until
about 2200 both days. The activity from LU, PY, CX and CE was good and XEs were
there too. Although, I saw JE1CLA and JF2QNM spotted, never heard a JA although
I called CQ there with no response. Only KL7 called in.
It was a lot of fun. I missed VT. Never could hear K2LE. Worked VE9, VE3-7.
Could not hear VY2OX or VE1. Seems as if there was a dead zone over VE2, VT.
Worked 20 VE3s. VE9AA called on Sunday. Outside the US/SA worked V51YJ and ZR6C,
4 VKs, 4 ZLs, FK8IK, 2 KL7s and 4 KH6s. Had a computer crash on Sunday at 2040
and after N6RO tried to restore it without luck for about 15 minutes, I moved to
another position.
Thanks to all who made this year's 10m test a fun time!
Thanks to Ken, N6RO for the use of his station and conversations after the band
died.
K3
AL1200
5/5/5 Yagis Top and middle rotatable.