[3830] NCCC Sprint K8MR LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8mr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K8MR LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2020 03:06:43 +0000
                    NCCC Sprint - Dec 25

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:   1      1
   80:  11      9
   40:  15     11
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  27     21  Total Score = 567

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Not bad for Christmas Eve, I guess. In a normal year I would have been in NJ
with no radios.

Great start on 40, 13 QSOs in six minutes. Not so good after that. 80 was noisy
with the storms nearby, and most signals seemed weak. I then figured that there
was nothing to lose by trying 160, where as predicted I worked K4BAI and nobody
else.

New antenna since last week, an 80M OCF at about the same height and location as
the previous G5RV. Not sure if there is much difference on 80/40, hopefully it
will be better on 20 where the SWR went from about 5:1 to 1.8:1.

I plan to give you folks some practice in copying weak signals in the Stew Perry
on Saturday night.

Merry Christmas!

Jim  K8MR