[3830] TBDC NN7CW Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, NN7CW@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC NN7CW Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2020 19:10:16 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Dec 26

Call: NN7CW
Operator(s): NN7CW
Station: NN7CW

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NFL
Operating Time (hrs): 14

Total:  QSOs = 646  Total Score = 3,071

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Compared to last year, 13% more QSOs, an improved Rx antenna situation (two
separated, phased K9AY loops), but only 82% of the score I claimed in 2019.
Others already mentioned that there was more domestic traffic than there was DX.
Once the noise settled down I was able to work some Europeans, US1Q (~6000 miles
 away) being the longest distance, but the amount was less than what I was able
to work with only one K9AY Rx loop last year. The West Coast was pretty much
acting like DX as well; only sporadic Q's and never any kind of stream. I lucked
out when Oceania was seeing its morning grayline because ZL3IX (~8300 miles
distance) found his way into my log. Unfortunately, the approaching grayline
over here didn't make any difference, so the last few hours were mostly
not-yet-worked stations within a 1500 miles radius.

It was fun nevertheless! Thanks everyone and vy 73!
Wolf, NN7CW