[3830] TBDC KE3K Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bashrc4@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC KE3K Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2020 20:57:03 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Dec 26

Call: KE3K
Operator(s): KE3K
Station: KE3K

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 11

Total:  QSOs = 331  Total Score = 1,340

Club: Blossomland ARA

Comments:

My sincere thanks to those I was able to contact the 2020 Stew Perry TBDC. You
folks make this hard work fun!

This is the second "big Stew" that I've participated in. Last year I
used an inverted-L for transmit and receive; this year I used a 1WL 160 Meter
horizontal loop for transmitting and 'finally' assembled and deployed my K9AY
loop for receiving. WOW! What a difference! I was able to hear many stations
without the strain of an S7-9 noise level at my location. The IC-7610 can work
wonders to reduce noise, but the use of the K9AY loop is beyond 'icing on the
cake'. Using a separate, low-gain, receiving antenna is an essential element if
you are going to try to dig someone out of the noise floor. And, using the loops
I was not only able to increase the number my number of contacts, but could now
hear a number of stations and countries through the noise. I can't wait to try
this combo out during more upcoming contests.

I continue to enjoy using N1MM Logger+ for its performance, stability, and
breadth of features. The development team and user-base have worked tirelessly
to create one heck of a fantastic piece of software.

Happy New Year and '73 to all,
Bob, KE3K