[3830] TBDC W9RE Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mjwetzel@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] TBDC W9RE Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2020 21:04:04 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Dec 26

Call: W9RE
Operator(s): W9RE
Station: W9RE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 14
Radios: SO2R

Total:  QSOs = 747  Total Score = 4,444

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

First time that I could operate FT in this contest in a few years because of a
grand daughter's birthday party on Sunday conflict.  Covid gave me a break this
year.

Great start (starting at 2200z) with the first four hours of 126, 108, 96 and
90.  Good rates lasted until 0500z when they dropped into the 30's never to get
any better.  I thought 800 Q's was possible early on but no.

First European not until 0200z and only worked 27 in total and 1-KH6 and just a
couple KP4's and KP2's.  Best DX was 18 pointers with US1Q and UW2M.

I had 142 2nd radio Q's.

Running LP it seemed like a couple times I ended up on a European station's
frequency (and we could not hear one another) and so I may end up loosing some
of my European Q's.  It just didn't seem like the timing was 100 percent correct
on some of the Q's.

Two K3's a single full size vertical for transmit and 3 receiving arrays. A EFBS
for 160, and EFBS for 80 (used on 2nd radio) and a YCCC 9 vertical array.

Thanks for making this a fun contest during a holiday period and especially
thanks to Tree and the Boring Group for all the log adjudication and work.