[3830] TBDC K7XC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7xcnv1@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC K7XC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2020 22:48:25 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Dec 26

Call: K7XC
Operator(s): K7XC
Station: K7XC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: DSM09jh - N NV
Operating Time (hrs): 7.25

Total:  QSOs = 208  Total Score = 1,350

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Almost slept thru the morning start, arriving an hour late. Later that evening
began an hr after sunset and stayed till 430AM PST when I couldn't keep my eyes
open anymore. As the evening got later, conditions became better and better.
Soon I had worked all I heard CQing & ran rate the rest of my time on air.
Felt like I was running 1KW rather than the 100W actually in use. Antenna was a
40ft High, 175ft long, Inverted L fed with a series variable capacitor &
four 1/4 wave radials laying on the ground. When I finally had it tuned, it
covered 1.800 - 1.880 Mhz under 1.7-1. Amazed to Work many 8 point plus QSOs
including a VE1, VO1, & several DX like NP2, NP4, ZF9, XE, KL7, KH6, and
JA5DQH (who called me) for 27 points! 73s and Happy New year from Northern
Nevada!