[3830] TBDC W1NN Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hal@japancorporateresearch.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC W1NN Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2020 00:44:25 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Dec 26

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OHIO
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 490  Total Score = 1,384

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Remote from Tokyo which is 9 hours ahead of UCT and 14 hours ahead of Ohio where
the station is located.  I was not out for blood and operated casually and took
breaks for meals, etc. but ended up putting in 10 hours between 8:30 AM and 10
PM my time.  There are certainly disadvantages in operating remote (like I can't
see or repair damaged antennas, equipment, etc.) but I do appreciate being able
to operate 160 contests without losing any sleep.

Working EU and the US west coast is challenging at any time with a dipole and
100 watts, but signals from these locations were about as strong as they ever
are at my place and I worked more of these stations than I usually do.  I
managed 16 EU QSOs and lots and lots of west coast.  At times stations 300-500
miles out were surprisingly weak.  Many reported that conditions were not so
good but for me they were very good and I worked at least 17 countries, pretty
decent for me.  That said, I can't understand why my score without any
adjustment for power level is so much lower than some nearby stations with
similar QSO totals.  Maybe the final results will clarify that.

Happy New Year, everyone.

73, Hal W1NN remote@tokyo