[3830] Win VHF N2SLN(@N2SLN/P) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Win VHF N2SLN(@N2SLN/P) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2021 21:05:44 +0000
                    Winter VHF Sprint - 2021

Call: N2SLN
Operator(s): N2SLN
Station: N2SLN/P

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN22do
Operating Time (hrs): 1
Radios: SO2R

    6:   3     2
    2:   3     3
  222:   1     1
-------------------
Total:   7     6  Total Score = 42

Club:

Comments:

I went outside Saturday morning to look at the driveway after Friday evening's
storm and it was full of slush here at 1700' above sea level southeast of Lake
Ontario. Even after shoveling it I could see that it was still questionable as
to whether the rear wheel drive van would be able to make it back to the parking
spot. So I cancelled the plan to go check out a new hilltop and operated from
the driveway instead, using just the run-n-gun rover antennas permanently
mounted to the roof of the van--a single loop on each of the bottom 3 bands. I
made contacts on all 3 bands. Thanks to the Rochester VHF Group for sponsoring
the first running of this event and for pointing their antennas east and working
us in rural central NY.