[3830] RTTY Roundup W6BB(NT6V) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup W6BB(NT6V) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2021 00:30:22 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup - 2021

Call: W6BB
Operator(s): NT6V
Station: W6BB

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Berkeley
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Remote Operation

   80:   146
   40:   137
   20:   262
   15:    32
   10:     0
-----------------------
Total:   577       0  State/Prov = 53  Countries = 28  Total Score = 46,737

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

School station from UC Berkeley. We put up a 40m GP and 80m inv L the day before
the contest. Fortunately, it worked right away and produced about half of the
QSOs. 12h into the contest the amplifier died with no replacement at hand. So
second half of the contest was done with 100W. It was exciting to work some EUs
on 40m, one of which on long path in the morning hours around local sunrise. 20m
was in great shape after sunrise and we worked a few EUs.

Antennas:
20m-15m-10m 3ele trap beam at 20 ft fixed north-east
40m full size GP
80m inv L (34ft vertical section)

Also in we installed a Red Pitaya CW/RTTY skimmer right before the contest. Big
thanks to N6TV for helping getting settings squared out just before the contest.
It worked quite well and we used only locally generated spots throughout the
contest. The SDR was routed through the RX-OUT/RX-ANT of the K3 and saw the main
antenna active on a certain band. This worked really well and stations the
skimmer got with low dBs were barely decodable with the K3 and GRITTY/MMTTY. It
helped to work those stations we could actually hear.

Long list of planned improvements for the next one.