[3830] TBDC W1WBB Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC W1WBB Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2021 22:15:14 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Dec 26

Call: W1WBB
Operator(s): W1WBB
Station: W1WBB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: W1
Operating Time (hrs): ~ 9.5

Total:  QSOs = 280  Total Score = 1,168

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Comments:

* Claimed score of 1168 points is per N1MM+ Logger *

My 7th Stew Perry TBDC since 2009 ... worst conditions I've encountered in this
event even though activity on the band was great -- only 3 Eu worked and only 18
ten-point (or >) QSOs made, all-time lows.  By comparison, had 51 Eu and 71
ten point (or >) contacts for almost double the claimed score last year
(2019) with almost the exact same number of contacts and op time as this year
(with no add'l changes to equipment/antenna and)!  That tells the sad story in
2020.  Event was still fun, but results are disappointing.

Local noise may be getting a bit worse as I've worked the fewest QRP stns (9)
since my first Stew, according to interim results after Week 1.

Working on plans to improve antenna feedpoint area while looking at trying an
elevated radial system in the future.

Icom IC-7300, 5/16 wave Inv L for TX/RX (w/ series capacitor for match) over
modest compromise ground radial system [18 mostly short < 1/4 wave radials
over poor soil], occasional use of low 88 ft doublet on RX for weak ones
(manually switched in/out).  Suburban 100' x 200' lot, 115' ASL; NO assistance,
no remote.
N1MM+ Logger with WinKeyer USB; LoTW, Clublog and QRZ.com

TNX for Topband QSOs!  73/Stay Safe/HNY!!  Bill W1WBB

** Sponsor calculated interim score 8 days later = 1624 **
But currently:  zero busted QSOs  (yay, a highlight)